Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

If you don’t have something nice to say about “the Motor Company” don’t say anything at all.


It’s 6:20 AM and I am standing in Starbucks waiting for my wake up cup.  Three guys are sitting in leather club chairs like they are thrones talking about motorcycles.  Starbucks looks to be one or two helpers short so there is a waiting line to get our orders.  I can’t help but overhear these three guys and their conversation, one who rides a Harley because it is parked outside next to my vehicle and the other two just being guys so that makes them motorcycle experts.  I am laughing to myself as they are talking like experts about speed records and parts until I hear one of the non riders talking about friends who ride Harley’s and they  have to carry around a book showing all the Harley repair shops because they always break down.   Enough…I couldn’t take it anymore.  I turned around and said that book was a map showing Harley dealerships not repair shops and Harleys don’t always break down.  Larry said I should have told them it was a map to show us how to get to a Harley shop to buy a new t-shirt.  Well the Harley guy looked a little ashamed and didn’t say a word, one guy kept totally quiet, and the other guy tried to explain that Harley’s used to always break down.  No I was not done, as I proceeded to tell him that they did not always break down and that Larry and I have owned three Harley’s.  They looked a little surprised because I was dressed for a board meeting not riding and a woman was telling three guys who thought they knew motorcycles they were wrong.  My order was ready and I took my coffee and left smiling.  If you don’t have something nice to say about “the Motor Company” don’t say anything at all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails